Friday, November 19, 2010

Chapter Five Book Work

Objective: - Play games currently on the market. Identify at least three areas in each game where your character is given a breadth of choices (preferably more than two). If possible play those sections of the game several times so that you can find out what happens if you make different choices. How is the outcome of the game affected by the choices?

HALO Reach

Decision 1: What type of bonus Armor should I pick?:

  • Speed - allows me to sprint over a medium distance, enabling me to escape more quicnkly or get to the fight more quickly.
  • Armor Lock - allows me to surround my player with a forcefield for a short period of time making me impervious to damage and giving me a little time to regenerate health.

  • Jetpack - allows the player fly around the level in short bursts and reach otherwise unreachable positions

  • Stealth - the player becomes nearly invisble when still and numerous decoys show up on enemy radar

Decision 2: What weapon do I use?
  • Battle Rifle, a semi-automatica meidum-long range scoped rifle. Bad in short range situations.
  • Assualt rifle, an automatic rifle that is best used in short range combat and gets less effective as target distance increases.
  • Magnum, a short - medium range semi automatic pistol. It packs more of a punch and is more accurate than the Assault rifle, but can't fire as rapidly. Its a little less accurate and powerful than the Battle Rifle but can fired more quickly it's accuracy deacreases over distance.
Decision 3: Which position in the warthog should I choose?
  • Driver - can only get kills by running people over and I can control where we go
  • Passenger - can shoot enemies from Warthog, but accuracy is a problem. Can jump out at anytime without leaving the driver vulnerable.
  • Turret, can get a lot of kills with high cliber machine gun turret but have no control over where we go and what targets are within my aiming range.
SECOND GAME: Fable III

Decision 1: What moral choice should I make?

  • Should I save the one I love and let numerous townsfolk be killed instead making me morally corrupt but personally happy?
  • Should I sacrifice the one I love and save numerous townsfolk devastating myself personally but endearing me to the people?
Decision 2: Should I buy a home?
  • Don't Buy - I could save my money but I wouldn't make any, plus, I would have nowhere to raise a family and my.
  • Buy and Live in - I would spend a fair amount of money but I would have a place to raise a family and should make some money if I sell it down the road.
  • Buy and rent out - I would spend money but could make it back in rent and property appreciation. However, I would still have no place to raise a family.
Decision 3: how should I handle the Kingdom's Budget
  • Should I keep all my promises, bankrupting the Kingdom and leaving us without enough money to defend ourselves from the darkness?
  • Should I break all my promises, making the people miserable (and myself VERY unpopular) but leaving enough money to defend the city from the Darkness?
  • Keep as many promises as I can while still breaking a few in order to have enough money to mount at least moderate defense against the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment